Monday, February 20, 2012

Pretty Pantry

While I have no pretty pictures, I worked on my pantry last week. Let's just say, I will always have job security as a SAHM as long as my family has a pantry. It seems that I am the only one that can throw away the last stale cracker to the chickens and recycle the packaging.

While I chuckle about my last statement, I can honestly say that I did tackle this project for two days during school hours. I literally took every stitch of every thing out and cleaned like I was about to have a baby. And realistically, I'm still waiting for Aunt Flo to come!

I am most proud that I did this project with the right attitude. I didn't bark at my family about their lack of recycling. I was happy to do it. This chore allowed me to reconnect with our staples and do some MAJOR grocery shopping. Yes, I did spend nearly $200.00 at Costco; another $100.00 at Winco; came home and put every thing away and my hubby graciously offered to take our family out to dinner. What a man I tell ya! He may not know how to toss away three month old chips but he knows how to treat his lady! I will admit I felt guilty of even thinking about paying for a meal after spending major bucko bucks; it only lasted a minute or two and I got over it really quick.

While I love the many pictures I see on Pinterest (you gotta type Pantry); I am satisfied with my container system. It's not the most up-to-date, but my new motto for the last couple of years has been: "DEE, use WHAT you HAVE!"

Speaking of which, I need more of my half-gallon jars for my pantry but need to consume some major zippy home-canned pickles. You got a container? Cuz there some major free pickles at this street corner; you just can't have the jar that it comes in.

Blessed be the name of the Lord! He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment